D&S Glass was founded in 1958 by Bob Shilling and John Day, which specialized in windshield installation and glass repair. Don Smith took over ownership of the company in 1968 until the present owner of the company, Mike LaTone, purchased the business in 1991. Mike had previously managed the Glass & Paint Center, a division of Falconer Glass Industries, on E. Second Street for 21 years.
The business was originally located on Steele Street in the building presently known as Jamestown Awning. D&S Glass was relocated to Fluvanna Avenue in 1974 to the building currently occupied by DFT Communications and subsequently moved across the street on Fluvanna to the present location. In 1994 D&S purchased the assets of the commercial glass division of Falconer Glass Industries. With this purchase the company entered into the construction market for commercial aluminum, glass and glazing. Along with this purchase D&S constructed a 10,000 square foot addition to house the additional requirements of the construction market.
Some of the Contract Division’s completed jobs are; Lutheran Social Services and GA Home, Ed Shults Resale Center and Southwestern Central & Elementary Schools, Hamot Heart Institute in Erie, PA, University of Pitt @ Bradford Campus, JCC Olean Campus and Jamestown High School.
D&S is a full service glass shop that currently employs 20 people. Our success is dependent on our employees as our outstanding customer service is truly the “key to success”. We can be reached through our website at dsglass.com or stop in at either location on Fluvanna Avenue in Jamestown, or Fairmount Avenue in Lakewood, across the street from Chautauqua Mall.